Monday, October 28, 2019

Ringworm and Treatment


Ringworm

Ten years ago in 2009, I was infected with ringworm. I wrote an article about the effective treatment of fungal infections (https://allaboutlivingwithlife.blogspot.com/2009/05/ringworm-calamine-and-clotrimazole.html). Initially, I used calamine and found the cream infective because it was not the right medication. I then switched to clotrimazole and treated the diseased area of my sole successfully.

Recently I was infected with ringworm again. Immediately, I applied clotrimazole. This time the result was not as good as expected after a few weeks. In desperation, I consulted my family doctor and he prescribed Travocort Cream for me. This medicine contains two active substances, isoconazole nitrate and diflucortolone valerate.

According to information provided this medicine is used to treat fungal infections of the skin where inflammation (redness, swelling, soreness) is also a problem.

Upon my first application, the itch stopped right away. After a few days, it was completely healed.  

Ringworm initially starts out as red or pink skin patches (or spots) that may be either flat or slightly raised. In this initial stage, the sores may be moist, but more often they're dry, scaly, and itchy. If you scratch the rash you may break the skin, which could lead to a bacterial infection.

Have you ever infected with ringworm? How did you deal with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...