Saturday, June 28, 2014

4 Ways to Improve Your Alexa Ranking

Alexa Ranking

You must have heard of many ways to  improve your blog's Alexa ranking.

I would like to take this opportunity to share with you my ways  to improve your blog’s Alexa Ranking:

1.      Post regularly: It is good to post daily. Your Alexa Rankingis determined by the   intensity of your posting. The more frequently you post the better. According to Alexa:

 Traffic Ranks are updated daily. A site’s ranking is based on a combined measure of Unique Visitors and Pageviews. Unique Visitors are determined by the number of unique Alexa users who visit a site on a given day. Pageviews are the total number of Alexa user URL requests for a site.  The rank is calculated using a proprietary methodology that combines a site's estimated average of daily unique visitors and its estimated number of pageviews over the past 3 months.

I post an article a day and the posting is automated by Blogger so that it is live at the same time every day.  When you post regularly, your readers are expecting to read your new post daily.  In a way I am building readership and followers because they can count on me. 

2.      Internal links: I only started to do internal links in April this year after reading an article     by Neil Patel, How to Conduct a Content Audit on Your Site. I follow faithfully his method to audit my site. I notice that I have not done internal linking so I just do it. The result is amazing.  I see substantial improvement in Bounce Rate, Daily Pageviews per Visitor and Daily Time on Site as shown in the above image as at June 23,2014.  Internal links are links within an article to other articles of the same blog. You will notice what I have done in this article for those words highlighted in red . When you click on it, it leads you to another article. The more links you have the better it is. It is good for your readers as well as for search engine optimization. It is a proof that your blog is providing a wealth of information.    


3.      Share your posts at social networking sites: It is not enough just to post daily and do nothing else. You have to market your blog and posts. I upload an article three times a day (morning, afternoon and evening) to the following sites:

·         Facebook  
·         Pinterest
·         Scoop.it (indirectly posted to LinkedIn and Twitter)
·         Google+

                  The idea is to attract more people in different time zones to visit my site.

4.      Get connected: Once a day, I look for people to connect at social networking sites as mentioned in No.3.  The more you connect and get acquainted, the more people will take note and go to your site to read your posts. As the posts are internally linked to other articles, they are more likely to read more pages and spend more time on my site.  

To be effective, it is necessary to do all four things regularly. 

I hope the information is useful to you and you are able to improve your Alexa Ranking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...